Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Friend Day Finale

We had a wonderful day for Friend Day ’09. I was a little nervous since we had a number of our regular workers out of town, but I want to especially thank Stephanie & Andrew Albritton for their work in putting many of the details together. We had to arrange for feeding close to 200 people. I was pleased to have a good number of folks from Kelly Elementary. We had many more folks than last year, and we hope that we will continue to see our relationship grow with the school. During the service Principal Huffman made the “Good Apple” presentations to our workers. We also made a presentation to Principal Huffman from the church. I was also pleased to have some guests that I invited to attend our services present. My high school football coach, Jim Culberston, was present in our services. When I was preparing the message I thought of coaches who impacted my life and I thought of Coach Culbertson. I hadn’t really spoken to him in years, but I was able to find him over the internet and made a phone call and he was gracious in saying that he would attend. I was also pleased to have Wichita Eagle columnist and radio personality Bob Lutz as my guest. I love sports and often call in to the “Sports Daily” radio program where I am known as “Pastor Mike”, and we had others who listen to the station present as well.

After services and our lunch of hot dogs and chips we went roller skating and that went very well. After all of our counting it was clear that we had close to 300 in our services (counting all of the kids, etc.)! We hope to be able to make contact with many of those folks and see them come again and worship with us in the near future.

No comments: